Investors should know the best online stock brokers to trade with. Out there are many stock brokers which offer stocks to buy online for a cheap commission. In addition, they offer free trades, low margins and best services. Not all are good, not all are cheap but I've tried to find the top 5 stock broker for trading stocks online. Below are the results.
1. ETRADE was ranked #1 Online Broker 2011 by StockBrokers.com. ETRADE offers trading anytime, anywhere with Etrade Mobile Pro and Power ETRADE Pro offers active traders world class trading tools. The broker, known for its baby commercials, also offers investment guidance with professional representatives.
Current ETRADE Offer: Trade free for 60 days (500 free trades max) + Get up to $500 with any new account!
2. TD Ameritrade with its platforms thinkorswim and Trade Architect, won Best Overall Platform and Best Web Based Platform, respectively, in the 2012 StockBrokers.com Review*. The broker also offers a wide offering of 3rd party research reports, no account fees, and a variety of banking services for its clients.
Current TD Ameritrade Offer: Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $600 with any new account!
3. TradeKing offers investors fantastic customer service, ultra competitive trade commissions, and is home to the Trader Network with over 200,000 investors all sharing trade ideas, research, and market analysis.
Current Offer: Switch to TradeKing and get up to $150 in transfer fees reimbursed.
4. OptionsHouse was the only online broker rated 5 Stars for both "Commissions & Fees" and "Ease of Use" in the StockBrokers.com 2012 Broker Review*. OptionsHouse offers $3.95 flat fee trades alongside two flexible rates for options trading: up to 5 contracts for $5 or $8.95 + $.15 per contract.
Current Offer: Receive 100 free trades with any new account!
5. Scottrade was honored the award Best Overall Client Experience 2012 with its top of line customer support.
Scottrade has over 500 local branch offices for personal service - the largest network out of any of the online brokers - and offers competitive $7 flat-fee stock trades. Scottrade clients can also take advantage of premium trading tools through the Scottrade Elite and OptionsFirst platforms.
An additional broker and not listed here is Interactive Brokers. I use this provider for my most trading activities because I am not a US Citizen. Which broker do you use?