Bookmark and Share

What Is The Right Dividend Yield For Southern Copper (SCCO)?


One of my readers asked me a good question about my latest screens. Here is what he wrote:

“I am new at this and trying to learn. Your site is very helpful. From your post:

41 Top Yielding Stocks with Ex-Dividend Date In May 2013
I do not understand the reported yield for Southern Copper. Most all sites I see report dividend 2.42%.

ARR
ARMOUR Residential
13-May
30-May
17.09
HRZN
Horizon Technology Finance
16-May
17-Jun
13.91
SCCO
Southern Copper
6-May
21-May
11.75
FULL
Full Circle Capital Corporation
29-May
14-Jun
11.73
FSC
Fifth Street Finance
13-May
31-May
10.87
STB
Student Transportation Inc
29-May
17-Jun
8.88


Thanks“

That's an error in my screening database. Sometimes it needs time to update the yield lists with current dividend payments. If a company pays a much lower dividend in the future or they paid special dividends, the yield explodes but on the new basis its a normal value. Here is the dividend history of SCCO: Long-Term Dividend History of SCCO. I think the $2.75 extraordinary payment causes the error.

SCCO has a yield of 2.42% based on a $0.8 annual dividend.

If you like you can also read my post about "How to predict the future Dividend".

If you have any further questions, to not hesitate to contact me. If you like my answer, please give me a Facebook Like. You can also subscribe to my free e-mail list or follow me on Facebook or Twitter.