Here is a current list of the top 10 cheapest stocks from the Dow Jones Industrial Average index – Dogs of the Dow. Such companies have the highest dividend yield and offer the lowest expected price earnings ratio. In average, the top ten dogs have a dividend yield of 2.64 percent and a forward price to earnings ratio of 13.73.
The Dogs of the Dow is an investment strategy popularized by Michael O'Higgins. The strategy is to buy 10 stocks of the Dow Jones with the highest dividend yield and lowest price to earnings ratio at the beginning of the year or any trading period and to hold these stocks for a year. After this period, the investor should sell stocks that are no more dogs of the Dow and buy therefore new dogs of the Dow.
Here is a current table of the Dogs of the Dow:
Related Stock Ticker Symbols:
VZ, T, MRK, PFE, KFT, DD, CVX, JNJ, INTC, PG, MCD, HD, GE, KO, TRV, BA, MSFT, XOM, MMM, WMT, UTX, CAT, IBM, AXP, DIS, AA, HPQ, JPM, BAC, CSCO,
• George Soros Current Investment Portfolio 2010
• Thomas Boone Pickens Current Investment Portfolio 2010
• Stocks With Fastest Dividend Growth November 2010
• 16 Global Brand Companies With Highest Dividend Yield
• 11 High Yielding Growth Stocks