George Soros is the founder of Soros Fund Management. In 1970 he co-founded the Quantum Fund with Jim Rogers and Christoper Ink, which created the bulk of the Soros fortune. Legendary was his currency speculation against the British Bank of England:
On September 16, 1992, Soros's fund sold short more than USD 10 billion worth of pounds sterling, profiting from the Bank of England's reluctance to either raise its interest rates to levels comparable to those of other European Exchange Rate Mechanism countries or to float its currency. Finally, the Bank of England withdrew the currency from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, devaluing the pound sterling. Soros earned an estimated worth of USD 1.1 billion in the process. He was dubbed "the man who broke the Bank of England." UK Treasury estimated the total costs of Black Wednesday at GBP 3.4 billion in 1997.
Here is a top 30 list of his investment positions as of June 30, 2010 according to the most recent form 13F-HR filed with the SEC on August 16, 2010.
Soros Fund Management LLC were valued at USD 3.31 billion.
· 8 High-Yield Stocks From Consumer Products Sector
· 18 Stocks With the Fastest Dividend Growth
· Warren Buffett's current Dividend Portfolio
· 10 High-Yield Dividend Utility Stocks
· 10 High-Yield Dividend Stocks in Energy Sector
· 10 High-Yield Dividend Stocks from Healthcare Sector